Areas of Expertise
Greenstat AS’s mission is to develop and operate projects related to sustainable energy and technology, as well as projects supporting the transition from fossil to renewable energy production and consumption. To this end, Greenstat is participating and investing in companies contributing fully or partly to this end.
- Green mindset;
- Responsive (to change);
- Expertise; and
- New thinking.
- Contribute to the zero-emission society;
- Elect green projects without compromise;
- Have a long-term perspective;
- Be technology neutral and politically independent;
- Support and train its own talented individuals;
- Set a good example, both as a sustainable company and with employees holding Greenstat’s values to heart; and
- Earn money.
Greenstat will also contribute to filling the green shift with concrete content, and an advocate for Norway becoming the world’s first fossil-free nation.
A green world does not need to be boring. Greenstat’s opinion is that we can maintain most of our level of welfare after the transition from fossil to renewable energy. When we have managed this, Norway can utilise its competence to export itself as a product, and in this way ensure national income and globally reduced emissions in the foreseeable future.
- A zero-emission Norway will be an attractive place to both live and visit. We will develop new technology and establish new business models that will create vast values for Norway in the future when incomes from the oil and gas industry dwindle;
- Green hydrogen production from renewable energy opens up the possibility to utilise the energy where it is harvested. This also opens up usage of local energy production sites without connection to the power grid, as well as reducing the need for expansion;
- Hydrogen-powered ships will become part of the solution related to a zero-emission maritime sector. All kinds of boats, ferries, cruise ships, speedboats, fishing boats and yachts will run on hydrogen;
- Cruise ships will, in the future, be able to utilise hydrogen as a fuel. The buses transporting passengers to and from the vessels will also run on hydrogen, fuelled from the same stations in the harbour site; and
- In the transport sector, both batteries and hydrogen solutions will be utilised. The distribution of these solutions is difficult to predict. However, both technologies are needed to reach a zero-emission society. Biofuels will be a temporary solution used by standard diesel vehicles until these have been phased out. Thereafter, the main usage of biofuels is in the aviation industry.